Welcome to Coupons 757

Welcome to my blog! I am starting my journey of serious couponing. I am discovering the best ways to collect, organize and use coupons for Hampton Roads grocery stores and more. Clipping coupons can be tedious and time consuming but I have saved more than $600 in the past month and I've barely scratch the surface of what can be saved. During this time I've invested approximately three hours of my time each week, that's like paying myself $50 an hour! Plus I get to reap the rewards of all of the variety of items that I normally couldn't buy.

Hampton Roads has held pretty strong through these tough economic times, but it is starting to hit home a little. I hope that you will join me on this journey as we discover the best deals in our own stomping ground and save some money! Feel free to comment on any posts and add your own special finds and success stories.

Follow along with me and I will post any great deals that I find in our area. It is up to you to clip the coupons. Currently I recommend clipping coupons from the Virginia Pilot, Richmond Times and Washington Post as well as printing online coupons from http://www.coupons.com/ or http://www.couponmom.com/. Also, make sure you have your store savings card and that it is registered online.

I'm still learning too, so everything will not be perfect. I am not quite organized enough yet to tell you which coupon came from where except that it came from the above sources. You will need to make a coupon book and when you see the deal posted flip through it and see if you have the coupon too.


I do not intend to replace the major sites like Coupon Mom, I just want to make it easier for everyone in Hampton Roads to find really great deals that are relavent to us.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Coupon policies at local stores

My quick trip to Farm Fresh yesterday landed me $47 in coupon savings.  I had seven coupons for $1 any K-Cup coffee pack and I found myself standing there wondering how many Farm Fresh would take for the same product.  I ended up having to detour to customer service to find out their coupon policy.  They would take two.

Last night I watched Extreme Couponing in TLC and watched these women buy ridiculous amounts of mustard and such.  I decided to do some research into our local stores policies.  This is what I found:

  • Farm Fresh
    • Double coupons up to 99¢ everyday
    • Double coupons up to $1 on Wednesdays
    • Up to 20 coupons doubled per person per day
    • Limit 1 coupon per item
    • Limit 2 like items
    • No competitor coupons
  • Harris Teeter
    • Double Coupons up to 99¢ everyday
    • Up to 20 coupons doubled per household each day, you cannot separate orders to increase this amount
    • Limit of 1 B1G1 coupon per item
    • No overage on coupons
    • Limit 3 like items
    • No competitor coupons will be doubled or tripled
    • You can stack your evic coupons with paper coupons
    • Internet coupons are limited to 2 like items
    • Competitor coupons are accepted, as well as competitor circular or direct mail offers to deduct money off the total order
  • Walmart
    • No doubles or triples
    • No limit on the number of coupons per transaction
    • Overage is given on coupons in cash back or applied to the basket (excludes SNAP & WIC)
    • You can usea B1G1 coupon with a B1G1 deal
  • BJ's Wholesale
    • No doubles or triples
    • BJ's coupons can be stacked with manufacturer coupons
    • You may use multiple coupns for grouped items that could be sold separately
  • Fresh Pride/Be-Lo
    • Doubles to 50¢ everyday
    • No limit on like items or number of coupons to be used per transaction
    • Please call ahead to manager if you plan on buy a large amount of the same item
  • Food Lion
    • No doubles
    • Limit of 10 like items
    • No overage
    • No limit on coupons per transaction
    • No stacking store and manufacturer coupons
  • Bottom Dollar
    • Pretty much the same as Food Lion
    • eCoupons are available to be loaded to your card, still waiting to hear if they can be stacked
  • Bloom
    • Double coupons up to 99¢ everyday
    • Limit of 10 like items
    • Up to manager's discretion on multiple transactions (smile and be nice!)
    • Price Snipper coupons are not doubled
    • No overage
  • Kroger
    • Waiting on a return email for the policy in our area
This is all I've got for now.  I will update this posting when the stores return my emails.  Please comment if you know more about it than I do!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie Hudgins,
    My name is Ellaine Blue. I would like to start couponing. I am a stay at home mom of two. I just realize that we spend so much on grocery. I have a 6'2" husband and growing kids. I really need help. I also would like to know how you can work from home using my internet. My email is blueellaine@yahoo.com. I know you are busy but I wish we can keep in touch. I also live in Norfolk.

    ReplyDelete